Due to a lot of reasons, hoverboards have certainly risen in popularity. Whether it is due to trendy looks, smart commuting, or just for fun rides, a hoverboard can be found in every street nowadays. Even the sales statistics predict that the number of people using a hoverboard is meant to increase in the coming years. With the latest advancements in technology, hoverboards are only becoming better.
A hoverboard is driven by a battery which gives it the power to propel. This battery is a crucial and sensitive part of a hoverboard. Keeping the battery fully loaded is utterly important as it largely decides the range of your hoverboard. And to keep the battery up and running, you need a charger. Hence, it is safe to say that a charger is a crucial part of a hoverboard.
Your hoverboard largely depends on its battery pack for propulsion. Without a battery charge, your hoverboard will not be able to move at all. Hence charging your hoverboard is a necessity. All hoverboards come with a charger when you buy one. However, there can be several reasons why you need a new hoverboard charger.
Most probably you would require a new charger in the following cases –
- You may have lost or misplaced the previous charger.
- You may have moved to another place with different power supply specifications.
- Your current charger is ineffective.
- Your current charger stopped working completely.
Since the range, as well as the efficiency of your hoverboard, would largely depend on the charger that you would buy, you must look out for certain things while purchasing one. Most chargers on this list have more or less the same features, however, they do vary in terms of performance, output, etc. So, here are some very important things I’m listing which you must look for in a hoverboard charger.
Trusting a brand is good but blind faith can prove hazardous for your hoverboard. Just because a charger is manufactured by your trusted brand you shouldn’t simply buy it without looking for specifications. Undoubtedly brand matters and so do the other parameters of the charger.
1. Output Ratings
First things first. You must look initially for the voltage, current and power ratings of the charger. These factors are truly important in determining the utility of the charger which you intend to buy. What’s the use of buying a charger with low output voltage and then charging your hoverboard for 10 hours straight as opposed to just a couple hours? Yes, this can happen if you choose a charger with the wrong kind of power output. Go for the exact specification that matches your hoverboard’s requirements.
2. Safety Standards and Labels
Another important thing to look out for is international labels and standards. Does your charger have all the recommended international labels? Does it fulfill all the international standards? Can you use it practically anywhere in the world? If the charger does not have the said labels, you can’t trust its efficiency and reliability. Make sure it has gone through all kinds of Hoverboard safety tests.
3. LED Notifications
You might also want to consider going for a hoverboard charger with LED notifications. The LED acts as an indicator and lets you know about the charging status of the hoverboard. For instance, red light might mean the hoverboard is in the initial stage of the charging, whereas green may indicate your charging is complete. Be sure to read the manual and interpret the colors and their meanings/indications.
4. Price of the Hoverboard Charger
Price obviously matters. Rather than going for a cheap substitute, go for a genuine product that has good ratings and reviews. All the hoverboard chargers on my list are trusted by several customers on various online platforms. What’s the use of buying a cheap hoverboard and then harming your hoverboard? Or worse, getting a totally ineffective product? Investing in an efficient and reliable hoverboard charger even if it is a bit heavy on the pocket is a far better idea than harming your precious hoverboard.
5. Universal Charger
Lastly, you would want to consider buying a universal hoverboard charger. There are a lot of reasons why I recommend a universal charger –
- There may be multiple hoverboards at your place. For instance, you and your sibling/roommate/family member may have another brand’s hoverboard. At such a time it is a wise and pocket-friendly idea to buy a single universal charger rather than buying multiple chargers.
- Likewise, you may want to change your hoverboard in the future. A universal charger would help you with that as well.
So, these were some of the crucial aspects to consider before buying a hoverboard charger.
1. EVAPLUS 42V 2A Power Adapter – Hoverboard Power Charger
2. BestHot 42V 2A Power Adapter – 42 Volt Hoverboard Charger
3. Suposun battery Charger 42V 2A – Hoverboard battery Charger
4. Lotfancy 36V 1A- Lithium Charger – 36 Volt Hoverboard Charger
5. Fancy-Buying 3-Prong 42V-2A Charger – 42 Volt Hoverboard Charger
6. Razor Electric Scooter Battery Charger – Razor Hoverboard Charger
Now you know why you need a hoverboard charger as well as what aspects you must consider before buying a hoverboard charger. It is time for you to know some of the best hoverboard chargers out there. In this section, I’m enlisting 10 hoverboard chargers that you can buy today. All of these hoverboard chargers are tested, trusted and totally safe for use. Hence, you can easily pick any one of the following which suits your needs.
One of the best and most trusted hoverboard chargers is the EVAPLUS Power Adapter. This hoverboard charger has a lot of amazing features that make it top my list of best hoverboard chargers. With an output of 42V 2000mA, this charger is best suited for your hoverboard.
When talking about safety, the EVAPLUS Power Adapter comes with overload, short circuit as well as overvoltage protection. Equipped with LEDs, this charger lets you know immediately when the battery is fully loaded. The red light indicates that the hoverboard is still getting charged and a green light indicates a fully charged battery.
What’s more? This amazing 42 volt hoverboard charger comes with a risk-free purchase and a one year guarantee. This means that if you are not content with the quality of the charger, you would get either a replacement or a full refund. Why not give it a try then?
– It is pocket-friendly
– Virtually a universal hoverboard charger
– LED indicator light enables you to know the status of the hoverboard’s charge
– Comes with a money-back guarantee that offers the freedom to use it and then return it (if you
– High-speed charging offers quick battery loading than most other chargers out there
– Intelligent technology prevents short-circuiting, overheating and overloading
– It tends to get overheat often, especially when used for a longer period of time
– Charging cord may require some efforts to get attached to the charging port
In a Nutshell
EVAPLUS charger is definitely one of the top hoverboard chargers out there. This hoverboard charger has almost all the features that you might want to have in a hoverboard charger. With LED indicating lights, excellent power ratings, and awesome features, I would highly recommend that you buy this charger.
The Power Adapter by BestHot has a power output of 42V 2000mA, which makes it a pretty easy choice for all hoverboard users. With a maximum power output of 84W, this charger is most definitely a top choice. Designed to be user-friendly, this charger comes with LED indicating lights. Likewise, it is compatible with most kinds of hoverboard plug points, thereby making it an ideal choice as a universal hoverboard charger.
This charger by BestHot is totally safe to use and comes with short circuit, overvoltage and overload protection and hence you can use it without any worries.
– Offers quick charging
– Made of best quality materials and hence is sturdy
– LED indicating lights
– Universally compatible
– Comes with a one year guarantee and a lifetime technical warranty
– Awesome customer service
– Easily portable
– The charger may take quite a long time to charge some hoverboards
– May melt if overheated
– May not work with some models altogether
In a Nutshell
The BestHot 42V 2A Power Adapter is a top choice for those who travel with their hoverboard frequently. Despite being a good charger on most fronts, there are some shortcomings to this charger. If this charger supports your hoverboard, then you can definitely opt for it.
The battery charger by Suposun is a pocket-friendly option and a great alternative to the heavily-priced chargers out there. With a power output of 42V 2A and a max power of 84W, this charger is an ideal choice for hoverboards.
Equipped with two LED indicator lights, this charger is user-friendly and easy to use. Another major feature of this charger is its portability. Weighing a mere 8.4 ounces and having a length of 1.4 inches, this charger is certainly very easy to carry anywhere. If you travel a lot with your hoverboard or love taking it on trips, then this charger might just be your best bet.
Similar to most others on this list, the Suposun charger is safe to use and comes with overvoltage, short circuit, and overload protection and hence you can rest assured of its safety. What’s more? It comes with free lifetime technical support and excellent customer service. What else could you possibly ask for in this price range?
– Absolutely pocket-friendly and well worth the price
– LED indicator lights further enable improved ease of use
– Offers quick charging
– Compatible with most kinds of hoverboards
– Comes with a one year guarantee
– Wonderful support along with free lifetime technical support
– Charger target may not be compatible with hoverboard point
– No guarantee for physical damage
– May start melting if overheated
In a Nutshell
The Suposun charger is an excellent option if you’re running low on budget. In this price range, you are getting a lot of features and advantages along with lifetime free technical support. What else could you ask for? Additionally, it has LED indicator lights that make it really easy to use.
The lithium charger by Lotfancy is for those with a higher budget. This charger is priced adequately. However, it has quite cool features that not just make it an excellent choice as a hoverboard charger but also make up for the extra bucks.
With regular AC voltage input and standard output power of 36V, this charger by Lotfancy does its job excellently. Another great feature of this charger is that it comes with a six-foot-long cable that allows you to plug it into the remotest sockets as well. This advantage may seem a bit overrated at first, however, it is truly a boon while charging your hoverboard regularly.
– LED indicator lights make it easy for you to see the charging status
– Compatible with all 36V output hoverboards
– Six-foot-long cable allows you to plug in everywhere including remote sockets, thereby making it quite easy and convenient to use
– CE TUV GS approved and UL listed charger – hence quite safe to use
– Compatibility issues with some hoverboards
– Not so durable cable
In a Nutshell
The 36V 1A battery charger by Lotfancy is an excellent choice for those who have a higher budget. This lithium battery charger is definitely worth the money and you can invest in it. However, you would need to ensure its compatibility with your hoverboard model.
The Fancy-Buying charger is a top choice if your budget is a bit tight and you don’t want to compromise in quality. This virtually universal hoverboard charger is easy on your pockets yet excellent in terms of features as well as efficiency.
This charger is made to be compatible with most kinds of hoverboards from several manufacturers across the globe. So if you want a universal charger for any reason, then Fancy-Buying Hoverboard charger is your best bet.
With standard input as well as output power ratings, this charger ensures your hoverboard is charged with the maximum efficiency possible. Hence, with this charger, you can be sure to achieve a fully loaded battery in merely a couple of hours or just a bit later. With a one-year warranty, this charger proves to be well worth the money.
The manufacturer’s claim that it works like a genuine part and maintains high efficiency along with being environment-friendly. Minimum voltage ripple along with overvoltage, overcurrent, short circuit, and battery polarity error protection, make this charger quite safe to use.
– Virtually universal and hence compatible with most kinds of hoverboards
– Comes with a one-year warranty
– Equipped with LED indicator light
– Despite being a virtually universal charger, it may be incompatible with some hoverboards
– The LED indicator light may not work sometime
– May become overheated, which may lead to hampered efficiency
In a Nutshell
The 42V 2A charger by Fancy-Buying is a budget-friendly option for those looking for a virtually universal charger. Despite some of its shortcomings, this charger is most definitely a good choice if you are on a tight budget and want a standard hoverboard charger with all the features.
Razor is a well-known manufacturer of various kinds of products and accessories. The battery charger by Razor is one of the best products from amongst a range of other top-class accessories.
This charger has a power output of 24V 600mA which is quite compatible with all Razor hoverboards. Although this charger is not a universal hoverboard charger, there are some kinds of hoverboards than can be charged using this one.
To help you know the charging status, this hoverboard charger is equipped with LED indicator lights that have a different color to indicate different stages of charging. Hence, you can say that this charger is easy to use and comes with Razor’s excellent customer service. This charger takes about 3-4 hours to fully load the battery. The charging time could have been a bit faster. However, the excellent features this hoverboard charger offers totally cover up the charging time.
– Quite durable and has a longer life than most other hoverboard chargers
– Automatic overheat protection system cuts the power down after the battery is charged
– Compatible with all Razor hoverboards
– Excellent customer service
– Exposure to overvoltage may lead to short circuit
– Lengthy charging time due to compatibility issues
– May be incompatible with some hoverboard models
1. How Do I Know Which Charger to Buy?
Firstly, check the details described on the product label. Secondly, you would want to match the power, voltage and current ratings of the charger and your hoverboard. This is especially significant while looking for the efficiency and effectiveness of the product. The charger must be compatible with your hoverboard. You must also look for quality assurances along with safety assurance. Lastly, you should look for a universal charger that can support most, if not all, kinds of hoverboards.
2. For How Long Should I Let My Hoverboard Charge?
The best way to ensure the long life of both your hoverboard’s battery and the charger to charge the hoverboard until the battery is full. Let the charger do its job in one go. Charging your hoverboard intermittently may lead to undesirable consequences, hence avid them completely by charging your hoverboard on a single go. Most hoverboard chargers come with LED lights that notify you of the charging level by emitting different colors.
3. Are Hoverboard Chargers Universal?
Not all hoverboard chargers are universal. But some of them support most types of hoverboards. However, before buying a specific hoverboard charger for your board, make sure you check the current input details and match them with the charger.
4. Can You Leave a Hoverboard Charging Overnight?
It is strictly recommended to not overcharge your hoverboard at any cost. You must ensure to turn off the charge after the hoverboard has been fully loaded. Even though most manufacturers claim that their hoverboard and the chargers are absolutely safe, it is still a wise practice to follow. What you can do is buy a hoverboard charger with LED indicators that let you know about the hoverboard’s battery status easily.
5. What Happens When You overcharge a Hoverboard?
Overcharging your hoverboard is not a good idea and is certainly not advisable. Overcharging your hoverboard may lead to unwanted consequences including explosion, overheating, eruption or even catching fire. Moreover, in certain cases, the internal circuitry of the hoverboard may be irreversibly damaged. A damaged battery may also lead to catching fire and ultimately damage your hoverboard completely.
6. Do Hoverboards Come WIth Chargers?
Yes, all hoverboards come with chargers.
So, these were some of the best hoverboard chargers that you can find in the market today. However, it is still advisable to consider all the important aspects before finally buying a hoverboard charger for yourself. Some of these chargers are universal hoverboard chargers while others are designed specifically for certain products only. Make sure to check the specifications before making the purchase.
Which hoverboard charger would you go for? Would you prefer a universal hoverboard charger? Did your favorite hoverboard charger make it to this list?